Key question! What to learn: Bosnian, Croatian or Serbian?
Here is a modest suggestion for those who want to start a learning process. The materials used for personalized Bosnian, Croatian and Serbian teaching programs depend on someone’s motivation for learning. These are the questions every learner should answer:
- Are you already a Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian speaker?
- Do you want to learn because you want to improve your Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian vocabulary?
- Do you want to learn because you want to move to BiH, Croatia, Montenegro or Serbia?
- Do you want to learn because you are going to study or to work in our region?
Regardless of someone’s previous language skills, reasons and motives to learn, every learner is advised to choose from three basic solutions:
- To learn the language/culture according to BCS materials.
- To learn the language/culture according to materials printed in BiH.
- To learn the language/culture according to materials printed in Croatia.
- To learn the language/culture according to materials printed in Serbia.
Whichever solution language learners choose, numerous online sources help make for interesting and interactive language workshops.
It is important to keep in mind that someone fluent in Bosnian will understand Croatian and Serbian, and will be understood in Croatia and Serbia; someone fluent in Croatian will understand Bosnian and Serbian and will be understood in BiH and Serbia; someone fluent in Serbian will understand Bosnian and Croatian and will be understood in BiH and Croatia.
Take an online test!
Test online your Bosnian/Croatian and Serbian language skills.
Test of Bosnian/Croatian (Croatian material based)
Test of Serbian (Serbian material based)